EACH APRIL, THE GOVERNMENT RELEASES A RAFT OF UPDATES TO VARIOUS EMPLOYMENT LAWS.
THIS YEAR THERE ARE 6 IMPORTANT CHANGES THAT MAY AFFECT YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS:
- Minimum wage rates increased on 1st April.
- Workers aged 25 and over (now up to a minimum of £7.83 PH)
- Workers aged 21 – 24 (now up to a minimum of £7.38 PH)
- Workers aged 18 – 20 (now up to a minimum of £5.90 PH)
- Workers over compulsory school age but under 18 (now up to a minimum of £4.20 PH)
- Apprentices (now up to a minimum of £3.70 PH)
- Pension Contributions
- Tribunal awards for unfair dismissal
- Gender pay gap reporting
- Changes to the taxation of termination payments
- Data Protection (GDPR)